We invite you to become a member of the Clean Power Coalition and to join any of our working groups, or committees. Listed below are brief descriptions of each committee’s main involvement in the coalition. Individual time commitment is flexible, as all of our committees are comprised of volunteers. We hope you consider joining us as we collaborate to achieve a meaningful impact in our community. Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you are interested!
- This committee is responsible for planning events. Examples of past events headed by this group include a movie screening of a coal-related film, a forum on coal and health with doctors and local residents, a listening session for those impacted by coal dust, and a “Ride for Renewables” bike ride that took place around the coal plants.
- This committee is responsible for promoting our presence both on social media and in traditional media sources. This committee produces media advisories and press releases and helps generate media coverage of events and projects. Members of this committee often write letters to the editor and opinion pieces. On social media, responsibilities include maintaining our Facebook page and our website. This committee also produces a monthly newsletter.
- This committee is responsible for coordinating air and water monitoring near the We Energies power plant in Oak Creek. This includes collecting samples for water testing near the location, citizen monitoring, or having an outside consultant group perform tests. This committee also does research on the plant and its processes, such as coal ash waste removal.
- This committee is responsible for identifying and inviting additional groups to our coalition. Such groups might include community groups, faith organizations, environmental groups, student groups, businesses, or social groups. This committee also coordinates tabling and other outreach efforts.
- This committee is responsible for creating the coalition’s shareholder strategy. Last spring, this committee organized a protest outside of the WEC Energy Group annual shareholders meeting, which was covered on the local news stations and Wisconsin Public Radio. Our shareholders committee also includes several WEC shareholders who attended last year’s meeting and asked pointed questions during the Q&A section. This year, this committee will be drafting at least one resolution to submit for consideration by WEC Energy Group shareholders. Each share of WEC stock costs approx. $60. You do not need to be a shareholder to participate on this committee, but you will need to own at least one share by February to attend the next annual meeting.